- Interview with John Hargrove former killer whale trainer
John Hargrove was a killer-whale trainer at SeaWorld Texas and SeaWorld California during 12 years and supervisor of orca trainers at Marineland in France for 2 more years.
- Driven by Demand; Dolphin drive hunts in Japan and the involvement of the aquarium industry
This report by Whale and Dolphin Conservation explains the operation of dolphin hunting in Japan, the reasons why it endures and its close relationship with the dolphinaria business.
- Can you put your faith in Dolphin Assisted Therapy?
This report by Whale and Dolphin Conservation exposes the dangers of this activity to both dolphins and people, questions the evidence that these therapies work and proposes alternatives.
- Interview with Samantha Berg former orca trainer at SeaWorld
Former orca and other marine mammal trainer at Sea World exposes how these centers work and the animal problems within them.
- A Veterinary and Behavioral Analysis of Dolphin Killing Methods Currently Used in the “Drive Hunt” in Taiji, Japan
The study shows that the new killing method that involves cutting (transecting) the
spinal cord is ineffective in producing the immediate death of the animals. Instead, the method induces paraplegia and death through trauma and gradual blood
- Keto & Tilikum Express the Stress of Captivity
In these report, two former orca trainers and scientists expose why and how killer whales suffer from stress in captive environments.
- Killer controversy: Why orcas should no longer be kept in captivity
Dr. Naomi Rose, marine mammal expert for the Humane Society of the United States.
- Dolphin-Assisted Therapy: More Flawed Data and More Flawed Conclusions
A report by Lori Marino and Scott O. Lilienfeld.
Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology Program, Emory University, USA and Department of Psychology, Emory University, USA